Lessons Worth Re-Learning

This is my journey that the LORD Jesus Christ has taken me on in my life. So don't be surprised, this is a Christian site written by a Christian. Most of us have lived our Christian lives such that if we bloomed where we were planted, we'd be mushrooms in a cave! If you would like to subscribe to this blog, please send me an e-mail.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Farmington, New Mexico, United States

I am just like everyone else: I make it one day at a time with a little bit of humor. The Word of God is a fire in my heart that burns all the way down to my bones and I cannot hold it back. Jeremiah 20:9

Friday, July 21, 2006

Gratefulness

2-26-2006

I am totally humbled by my condition. I am human. I cannot be holy by just my own efforts. But God has given salvation as a free gift. I don't deserve it. He loves me anyway. It is a fearsome thing that a Holy God wants a relationship with me. Not only that, but He planned everything before He created this world!

One thing is for sure: when we receive our crowns in eternity, it is no wonder we all throw them down at His feet. Anything that we have is because of Him. It is by Him, it is through Him, He is the All in All, the Beginning and the End, the Author and Finisher, the Ancient of Days, High and Lifted Up, Almighty God!

This is gratefulness: knowing that I don't deserve anything, but that God Almighty did everything for me through His only son, Jesus Christ so that we could have a relationship in righteousness. I, who am unrighteous, can put on righteousness, and have free access to the throne of grace and find the help I need for every circumstance.

Psalm 103 (NKJV) "Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His Holy Name! Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget none of His benefits: who forgives all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from destruction, who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, who satisfies your mouth with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. The LORD executes righteousness and justice for all who are oppressed. He made known His ways to Moses, His acts to the children of Israel. The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in mercy. He will not always strive with us, nor will He keep His anger forever. He has not dealt with us according to our sins, nor punished us according to our iniquities. For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great is His mercy toward those who fear Him. As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us. As a father loves his children, so the LORD loves those who fear Him. For He knows our frame, He remembers that we are dust. As for man, his days are like grass, as a flower of the field, so he flourishes. For the wind passes over it, and it is gone, and it's place remembers it no more. But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him, and His righteousness to children's children, to such as keep His covenant, and to those who remember His commandments to do them. The LORD has established His throne in heaven, and His kingdom rules over all.
Bless the LORD, all you His angels, who excel in strength, who do His word, heeding the voice of His word.
Bless the LORD, all you His hosts, you ministers of His, who do His pleasure.
Bless the LORD, all His works, in places of His dominion.
Bless the LORD, O my soul!"

Hebrews 4:14-16 (NKJV) "Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need."

Psalm 5:1-3 (NKJV) "Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my meditation. Give heed to the voice of my cry, My King and My God. For to You will I pray. My voice shall You hear in the morning, O LORD. In the morning I will direct it to You, and I will look up."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home