Lessons Worth Re-Learning

This is my journey that the LORD Jesus Christ has taken me on in my life. So don't be surprised, this is a Christian site written by a Christian. Most of us have lived our Christian lives such that if we bloomed where we were planted, we'd be mushrooms in a cave! If you would like to subscribe to this blog, please send me an e-mail.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Farmington, New Mexico, United States

I am just like everyone else: I make it one day at a time with a little bit of humor. The Word of God is a fire in my heart that burns all the way down to my bones and I cannot hold it back. Jeremiah 20:9

Sunday, July 16, 2006

I Belong to God

2-21-2006

I can never fail God* because He created me just the way I am, and He called it good. He has no unrealistic expectations of me. I can set up my own expectations and fail them. But God is Faithful and True. He will never leave me nor forsake me. He will finish the good work He started in me. And at the end of my race, He will be waiting there for me, and welcome me to Himself.
* As long as I am trying. Only I can walk away from Him. But as long as I am trying, as long as my sin grieves me, so long as I am asking for His forgiveness, He holds me in the palm of His hand.

Isaiah 26:3-4 (paraphrased) You, O God, will keep me in Your Perfect Peace as long as I keep my mind focused on You, because I trust in You! I will trust in the LORD forever, for in Y-, the LORD, is everlasting strength!

Psalm 50:23 (KJV) "Whoso offereth praise glorifieth Me: and to him who ordereth his conversation (all aspects of life) aright will I show the salvation of God."

Titus 3:4-7 (NKJV) "But then the kindness and love of God our Savior toward men appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, which He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life."

Psalm 73:22-28 (paraphrased) I was so foolish I must have seemed like a dumb beast! Nevertheless I am always with You, You hold me by my right hand. You will guide me with Your counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Who else can I trust in Heaven to be on my side and help me but You? And there sure isn't anything or anyone on earth, either, that I desire besides You.
My strength may fail, my spirits may droop, my heart might even stop, but my God and LORD Savior Jesus Christ is the measurer of my portion and my exceeding great reward, forever!

1 John 1:9-10 (NKJV) "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His Word is not in us."

Deuteronomy 7:9 (KJV) "Know therefore that the LORD thy God, He is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and commandments to a thousand generations."

1 Corinthians 1:8-9 (KJV) "Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our LORD Jesus Christ. God is faithful, by whom ye were called into the fellowship of His Son Jesus Christ our LORD."

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 (NKJV) "May the God of Peace Himself sanctify you completely: and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our LORD Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful, who will also do it."

Hebrews 13:5-6 (NKJV) "Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, 'I will never leave you not forsake you.' So we may boldly say; 'The LORD is my helper, I will not fear. What can man do to me?' "

God is bigger than any problem you have: Romans 8:27-28 (NKJV) "Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for the good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose."

Philippians 1:6 (paraphrased) I am confident of this very thing: that God, who has begun a good work in me, will complete it!

Psalm 139 (NKJV) "O LORD, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, but behold, O LORD, You know it altogether. You have [surrounded] me behind and before, and laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me! It is [so] high; I cannot attain it.
Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend into heaven, You are there. If I make my bed in [the depths of the earth], behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there Your hand shall lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me. If I say, 'Surely the darkness shall fall on me,' even the night shall be light about me. Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You, but the night shines as the day. The darkness and the light are both alike to You. For You formed my inward parts, You covered me in my mother's womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me when as yet there were none of them.
How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand. When I awake, I am still with You. . . . . .
Search me, O God, and know my heart. Try me, and know my anxieties. And see if there is any wicked way in me. And lead me in the way everlasting."

1 Comments:

Blogger Linda R. said...

I limit the comments to non-commercial posts. I welcome comments with the commercial links removed. Thank You

March 11, 2013 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home