Lessons Worth Re-Learning

This is my journey that the LORD Jesus Christ has taken me on in my life. So don't be surprised, this is a Christian site written by a Christian. Most of us have lived our Christian lives such that if we bloomed where we were planted, we'd be mushrooms in a cave! If you would like to subscribe to this blog, please send me an e-mail.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Farmington, New Mexico, United States

I am just like everyone else: I make it one day at a time with a little bit of humor. The Word of God is a fire in my heart that burns all the way down to my bones and I cannot hold it back. Jeremiah 20:9

Monday, July 10, 2006

Introduction 4

I believe that we have everything in Christ because He did and fulfilled everything, and that Christ even gave faith to us. And that is how simple it is.

All these things can be found in the Word of God, the Bible. I will include the scripture references because one thing that irritates me is to read something, and then you have to look it up yourself. However, I'm not going to copy whole chapters as a general rule. You should look those up. When I write, I never capitalize 'satan'. Also, sometimes I say 'I' or 'me', and sometimes I say 'you'. I'm still talking to myself. It just sounds less intimidating. If you really want to make the Bible personal, try reading your favorite passages in the first person: John 3:16 for example: "For God so loved [me] that He gave His only begotten son, that [if I would just] believe in Him, [I] would not perish, but have everlasting life." It's like God is talking directly to me [you].

Romans 1:16-17 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew and the Gentile. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed to every religion, tribe, and tongue; as it is written, "The just shall live by faith."

Jeremiah 20:9 The Word of God is a fire in my heart that burns all the way down to my bones and I cannot hold it back.

Luke 22:31-32 "And the LORD said, 'Simon, Simon! Indeed, satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren.' "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home