Lessons Worth Re-Learning

This is my journey that the LORD Jesus Christ has taken me on in my life. So don't be surprised, this is a Christian site written by a Christian. Most of us have lived our Christian lives such that if we bloomed where we were planted, we'd be mushrooms in a cave! If you would like to subscribe to this blog, please send me an e-mail.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Farmington, New Mexico, United States

I am just like everyone else: I make it one day at a time with a little bit of humor. The Word of God is a fire in my heart that burns all the way down to my bones and I cannot hold it back. Jeremiah 20:9

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

God Came Through!

2-13-2006

This was a particularly bad winter for me. I always get depressed somewhat during the fall and winter, but this last winter was really bad.

This pretty much sums up the way I felt:

Isaiah 63:15-19 (paraphrased) Look down from heaven, and see me from Your habitation, holy and glorious. Where are Your zeal and Your strength, the yearning of Your heart and Your mercies toward me? Are they restrained? Doubtless You are my Father. You, O LORD, are my Father, my Redeemer from Everlasting is Your name.
O LORD, why have You allowed me to stray from Your ways, and harden my heart from Your fear? Return for Your servant's sake, the people of Your inheritance. I have possessed Your inheritance for such a little time; my adversaries, my enemies, have trodden down Your sanctuary (in my heart). I have become like I was before I ever called Your name.

God's word to me:

Isaiah 41:9-10 (NKJV) "You, whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called from its farthest regions, and said to you, 'You are my servant. I have chosen you and have not cast you away. Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I AM your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My Righteous Right Hand.' " (Which is Jesus!)

The Key to overcoming my depression:

Yes, I am a sinner. But I have faith. He gave it to me. I believe that Jesus is my Savior! I receive His righteousness through FAITH!

Philippians 3:7-10 (NKJV) "But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my LORD, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ, and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the Law, but that righteousness which is from God through FAITH. That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead."

Isaiah 64:6 (NKJV) "But we are all like an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags, we all fade as a leaf."

Romans 8:10-11 (NKJV) "If Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you."

Romans 8:35-39 (KJV) "Who shall separate us from the Love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written: 'For Your sake we are killed all day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.' Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our LORD."

Romans 5:1-2 (KJV) "Therefore, being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our LORD Jesus Christ, by whom we also have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in the hope of the Glory of God."

Romans 5:3-5 (KJV) "And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; and patience, experience; and experience, hope; and hope maketh not ashamed; because the Love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit which is given unto us."

Jeremiah 29:11-13 (NKJV) " 'For I know the thoughts that I think toward you,' says the LORD, 'thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.' "

Isaiah 64:4-5a (NKJV) "For since the beginning of the world men have not heard nor perceived by the ear, nor has the eye seen any God besides You, who acts for the one who waits for Him. You meet him who rejoices and does righteousness, who remembers You in Your ways."

Romans 10:8-9 (NKJV) " 'The Word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart' (that is the Word of Faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the LORD Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."

Isaiah 42:16 (NKJV) "I will bring the blind by a way they did not know. I will lead them in paths they have not known. I will make darkness light before them, and crooked places straight. These things I will do for them, and not forsake them."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home