Lessons Worth Re-Learning

This is my journey that the LORD Jesus Christ has taken me on in my life. So don't be surprised, this is a Christian site written by a Christian. Most of us have lived our Christian lives such that if we bloomed where we were planted, we'd be mushrooms in a cave! If you would like to subscribe to this blog, please send me an e-mail.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Farmington, New Mexico, United States

I am just like everyone else: I make it one day at a time with a little bit of humor. The Word of God is a fire in my heart that burns all the way down to my bones and I cannot hold it back. Jeremiah 20:9

Monday, August 14, 2006

God's Standards vs. My Standards

4-18-2006

This is for when I start comparing myself to other people, even those I think are better than me: financially, morally, spiritually, intellectually, etc.

Romans 3:10-18 (NKJV) "There is none righteous, no, not one; there is none who understands; there is none who seeks after God. They have all turned aside; they have together become unprofitable, there is none who does good, no, not one. Their throat is an open tomb, with their tongues they have practiced deceit. The poison of asps is under their lips, whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness. Their feet are swift to shed blood, destruction and misery are in their ways, and the way of peace they have not known. There is no fear of God before their eyes."

Romans 3:23 (paraphrased) For we have all sinned and come short of the Glory of God. But we are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that Jesus Christ bought for us. The Word is the great equalizer.

When human relationships let me down, God is reminding me of where I should be getting my 'atta-boys'. That would be from Him. He looks over me jealously with no apologies.

If God can raise up: a prostitute like Rahab, a drunk like Noah, a murderer like Moses, a satanist like Simon, or a religious bigot like Saul, there is hope for me! But there is a price: "Believe on the LORD Jesus Christ and you will be saved." Acts 16:31

1 Comments:

Blogger Patricia Pomeroy Tanner said...

Hi,

I like your blog and have checked it several times. I am an author of Christian fiction and if you are interested you might check out my blog. ptammerauthor.blogspot.com.

Blessings,

Patricia

August 14, 2006 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home