Lessons Worth Re-Learning

This is my journey that the LORD Jesus Christ has taken me on in my life. So don't be surprised, this is a Christian site written by a Christian. Most of us have lived our Christian lives such that if we bloomed where we were planted, we'd be mushrooms in a cave! If you would like to subscribe to this blog, please send me an e-mail.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Farmington, New Mexico, United States

I am just like everyone else: I make it one day at a time with a little bit of humor. The Word of God is a fire in my heart that burns all the way down to my bones and I cannot hold it back. Jeremiah 20:9

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Convictions vs. Condemnation

4-11-2006

Do not let satan convince you that you are:

1) a sinner going to hell -- I am the righteousness of God through Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:8-11 (NKJV) "Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ, and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead."

2 Corinthians 5:21 (NKJV) "For He (God) made Him (Jesus) who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him."

2) powerless over things -- I can do all things through Christ Jesus Philippians 4:13 (NKJV) "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

3) a throw-away -- My God will never forsake me. Psalm 121 (NKJV) "I will lift up my eyes to the hills - from whence comes my help? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD is your keeper; the LORD is your shade at your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul. The LORD shall preserve your going out and your coming in from this time forth, and even forevermore."

Psalm 94:16-19 (NKJV) "Who will rise up for me against the workers of iniquity? Unless the LORD had been my help, my soul would soon have settled in silence. If I say, 'My foot slips,' your mercy, O LORD, will hold me up. In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul."

Isaiah 59:1 (NKJV) "Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened that it cannot save, nor His ear deaf that it cannot hear."

Philippians 4:6-8 (NKJV) "Be anxious for nothing, but in every thing by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the Peace of God, which passes all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things."

Psalm 91 (NKJV) "He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, My God, in Him I will trust.' Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence. He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler. You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day, nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday. A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand, but it shall not come near you. Only with your eyes shall you look, and see the reward of the wicked. Because you have made the LORD, who is my refuge, even the Most High, your dwelling place, no evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling, for He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. In their hands they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone. You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra. The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot. 'Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him. I will set him on high, because he has known My name. He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him. I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him, with long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation.' "

1 Comments:

Blogger Patricia Pomeroy Tanner said...

Hi Linda,
I really was blessed by this post. My husband and I watched the news today. Thank God the terrorists were unable to follow through with their plans. As Christians we can hold on to those promises.

I will continue to check back from time to time to get another blessing from you.

You might want to check out my blog. ptannerauthor.blogspot.com.

God bless you and yours greatly,

Patricia

August 10, 2006 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home