Lessons Worth Re-Learning

This is my journey that the LORD Jesus Christ has taken me on in my life. So don't be surprised, this is a Christian site written by a Christian. Most of us have lived our Christian lives such that if we bloomed where we were planted, we'd be mushrooms in a cave! If you would like to subscribe to this blog, please send me an e-mail.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Farmington, New Mexico, United States

I am just like everyone else: I make it one day at a time with a little bit of humor. The Word of God is a fire in my heart that burns all the way down to my bones and I cannot hold it back. Jeremiah 20:9

Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Prayer of Faith


James 5:13-16  (ESV)

13)  Is anyone among you suffering?  Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful?  Let him sing praise.
14)  Is anyone among you sick?  Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the LORD.
15)  And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the LORD will raise him up.  And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.
16) Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.

English Standard Version (ESV)The Holy Bible, English Standard Version Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers
As much as I enjoy the English Standard Version for ease of reading, I prefer the King James Version when it comes some verses such as verse 16a:  "The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."  Which means it accomplishes much!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home