Lessons Worth Re-Learning

This is my journey that the LORD Jesus Christ has taken me on in my life. So don't be surprised, this is a Christian site written by a Christian. Most of us have lived our Christian lives such that if we bloomed where we were planted, we'd be mushrooms in a cave! If you would like to subscribe to this blog, please send me an e-mail.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Farmington, New Mexico, United States

I am just like everyone else: I make it one day at a time with a little bit of humor. The Word of God is a fire in my heart that burns all the way down to my bones and I cannot hold it back. Jeremiah 20:9

Thursday, May 16, 2013

GOD’s Promises of Healing


Isaiah 53:5 (NKJV)

But He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes we are healed.

The LORD has had me researching healing in the scriptures. I came up with 22 pages of scriptural reference! Instead of listing the whole scripture like I usually do, I’m going to list simply the references. Needless to say, if the LORD mentions something once, that should be enough. Most churches say that if it is mentioned or repeated twice, then you can take that to the bank. Because of the overwhelming amount of Word GOD has sent our way on this topic, you can be sure that GOD wants to heal you! The scriptures mostly talk about Jesus’ ministry. No matter where He went, crowds followed Him and HE HEALED THEM ALL. He even healed people that just touched the hem of His garment. And this happened more than just the woman with the issue. It talked about once when He let the whole crowd do it. He healed Simon Peter’s mother-in-law. She was so grateful, she cooked for them. Jesus came just so that we could have a more intimate knowledge of how much GOD loves us and just how much He cares for every little detail of our lives.

So what happens, why don’t we always receive the healings today?

I think there are several reasons, any one of which would prevent the healing. And most of this is from my own experience. I have received healings many times. There have also been healings I didn’t get when I asked for them. What were the differences?

     1.     I did not ask with nothing doubting. Jesus often said, “Your faith has made you well.” Do you believe GOD for your salvation? How can you believe Him for one thing and not another? There can be no question marks in the back of your mind when you ask GOD for anything! “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask GOD, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the LORD; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.” James 1:5-8 For some reason, as soon as I asked, there was a fleeting thought, “This is too small for GOD” or some such thing. And it sabotaged my healing.
     2.     I had become comfortable with the thing. I asked for the healing, I got the healing, and then I kept looking for the rash one time, and the pain another. I didn’t just go my way and forget the whole thing. I have a pain in my back that’s quite bad. And I kept moving around looking for the pain instead of just getting up and getting about my daily chores. I got bit by several ‘crazy ants’ another time. I kept checking to see if the bites had gone away. In reality, I was expecting to see them still there. Some faith. A lot of people that have been sick for very long times have this problem. They are used to being sick. They really need to ‘grab the horns of the altar’ and keep praying, never give up! We need to remember, “GOD said it, I believe it, and that settles it!”
     3.      We need to be thankful and humble. GOD is not some magic wand we use to get what we want. We need to remember that we are here to do the will of GOD. Not GOD to do our wills. Very important difference. Luke 17:11-19 (NKJV) “Now it happened as He went to Jerusalem that He passed through the midst of Samaria and Galilee. Then as He entered a certain village, there met Him ten men who were lepers, who stood afar off. And they lifted up their voices and said, ‘Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!’ So when He saw them, He said to them, ‘Go, show yourselves to the priests.’ And so it was that as they went, they were cleansed. And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, returned, and with a loud voice glorified God, and fell down on his face at His feet, giving Him thanks. And he was a Samaritan. So Jesus answered and said, ‘Were there not ten cleansed? But where are the nine? Were there not any found who returned to give glory to God except this foreigner?’ And He said to him, ‘Arise, go your way. Your faith has made you well.’ ”
     4.     GOD is sovereign. Too many people use this as an excuse when they don’t receive their healings, but it is true sometimes. There are times when GOD does not remove whatever it is. Paul had that happen. He was given a ‘thorn in the flesh’. “And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. Concerning this thing I pleaded with the LORD three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” 2 Corinthians 12:7-10

But be very careful here. Paul was very specific to say that GOD gave it to him ‘lest I should be exalted above measure’ because he was blessed with many revelations by the LORD. GOD does not send us sicknesses or whatever to keep us ‘under His thumb’. Paul was highly blessed by GOD with incredible wisdom from the LORD in order to teach us and lead us into the New Covenant. He could have easily gotten what we would call ‘a big head’. We need to learn to also live in complete submission to the LORD where His grace is all we need, and not look to our own weaknesses but in His strength for everything we need.

Do NOT be afraid to ask the LORD for what you need. Do NOT be afraid to walk in your healing. Don’t let satan rob you of it by placing doubts in your mind. Don’t let your friends and family rob you of it either. Place your faith in the LORD, He is the only one who truly cares for you and wants to heal you. “Be strong, and very courageous.” Joshua 1:7

New King James Version (NKJV)
The Holy Bible, New King James Version Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

References:
Isaiah 53:5
Psalm 30:1-3
Jeremiah 17:14
Matthew 4:2; 8:1-17; 9:18-38; 12:9-21; 14:13-14; 14:34-36; 15:21-31; 17:14-21; 19:1-2; 21:12-14
Mark 1:29-31, 32-34, 40-42; 3:7-12; 5:1-13, 21-43; 6:1-6, 7-13, 53-56; 8:22-25; 9:14-29
Luke 4:38-40; 5:12-16; 6:17-19; 7:1-10; 8:26-33, 40-56; 9:1-6, 10-11, 37-43; 13:10-13; 14:1-4; 17:11-19; 22:47-51;
John 4:46-53; 5:1-9; 9:1-7
Acts 3:1-8; 5:12-16; 8:4-8; 9:1-18; 14:8-10; 28;7-10
James 5:13-16
1 Peter 2:18-25

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home