Lessons Worth Re-Learning

This is my journey that the LORD Jesus Christ has taken me on in my life. So don't be surprised, this is a Christian site written by a Christian. Most of us have lived our Christian lives such that if we bloomed where we were planted, we'd be mushrooms in a cave! If you would like to subscribe to this blog, please send me an e-mail.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Farmington, New Mexico, United States

I am just like everyone else: I make it one day at a time with a little bit of humor. The Word of God is a fire in my heart that burns all the way down to my bones and I cannot hold it back. Jeremiah 20:9

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Who is Jesus to you? Pt. 6


Does anyone remember a TV show from the late 1960's and early 70's called "The Courtship of Eddie's Father"?  I still remember the jingle they sang at the start of every show.  It ran something like this, "People let me tell you 'bout my best friend!  He's my one boy, cuddly toy.  My ups, my downs, my pride and joy!"

It was a catchy tune that you couldn't get out of your head. (Obviously!)

Well, how many times do you tell others about your best friends?  "O man, so and so was really there for me when . . ."  "You could always call on them for (whatever)"  "Shiela is a great gal" or " Howard is a real stand up guy."

Let me tell you about my best friend. His name is "I AM".  Because no matter what I need, He's there.  You see He created this universe.  He created this solar system.  He put this planet at just the right place so that it was the perfect home for us. 

He is the missing energy that scientists cannot find that holds the atoms together.  His hand is what protects us from the large asteroids that could wipe out all life here.  The same with what people are calling the 'doomsday solar flare'.

He has been and always will be my constant companion, confidant, shoulder-to-cry-on, supply, sun by day, moon by night, the water I drink, the bread I eat, the air I breathe. 

When I was under a lot of stress one time, I saw Him in a vision.  He stood up from His throne, set His scepter down, walked down the stairs, and hugged me.  To this day, I can still feel the pressure of His arms and smell the incense.  It still makes me cry.

I know that no matter what ever happens to me, no matter what I have to go through, He's right there with me.  When I pray, I not only praise Him and tell Him my needs, I listen for His voice.  Sometimes it's important to just shut up and listen.  Exist in His presence.  Absorb His peace.  Receive His refreshing.

My pastor says his favorite scripture is ". . . and it came to pass."  Because, you see, these things are only temporary.  This life is only temporary.  This existence is only temporary.  The life we will live with Him is eternal! 

"I AM" expresses to you that no matter what you need, He is it.  Some sources say there are over 300 names of GOD.  Too many for me to list.  Out of all the names of GOD, they each only express a very limited aspect of who He is.  "I AM" is the closest we can get to expressing the whole picture.

I hope you have met Him.  Oh, and by the way, He's also called Jesus!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home