Lessons Worth Re-Learning

This is my journey that the LORD Jesus Christ has taken me on in my life. So don't be surprised, this is a Christian site written by a Christian. Most of us have lived our Christian lives such that if we bloomed where we were planted, we'd be mushrooms in a cave! If you would like to subscribe to this blog, please send me an e-mail.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Farmington, New Mexico, United States

I am just like everyone else: I make it one day at a time with a little bit of humor. The Word of God is a fire in my heart that burns all the way down to my bones and I cannot hold it back. Jeremiah 20:9

Sunday, April 07, 2013

Who is Jesus to you? Pt. 3


Isaiah 45:4-6  (ESV)

4. For the sake of my servant Jacob, and Israel my chosen, I call you by your name.  I name you, though you do not know me.
5.  I am the LORD, and there is no other, besides Me there is no GOD; I equip you, though you do not know Me,
6. that people may know, from the rising of the sun and from the west, that there is none besides Me; I am the LORD, and there is no other.

English Standard Version (ESV)The Holy Bible, English Standard Version Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers

This week has been a particularly stressful time.  I feel like I have been under a concerted attack by satan.  Praise the LORD who reigns in Glory and my heart, we don't depend on feelings, but the facts of living fully dependent on Jesus! 

The above scripture was the Daily Scripture from a Bible Verses app.  GOD is never late with encouragement! 

I have added "Scapegoat" to my list of things that Jesus is to me.

Leviticus 16:3;5-7; 15; 20-22  (KJV)

3 "Thus Aaron shall come into the Holy Place: with the blood of a young bull as a sin offering, and of a ram as a burnt offering.

5 And he shall take from the congregation of the children of Israel two kids of the goats as a sin offering, and one ram as a burnt offering.6 "Aaron shall offer the bull as a sin offering, which is for himself, and make atonement for himself and for his house. 7 He shall take the two goats and present them before the Lord at the door of the tabernacle of meeting.

15 "Then he shall kill the goat of the sin offering, which is for the people, bring its blood inside the veil, do with that blood as he did with the blood of the bull, and sprinkle it on the mercy seat and before the mercy seat.

20 "And when he has made an end of atoning for the Holy Place, the tabernacle of meeting, and the altar, he shall bring the live goat. 21 Aaron shall lay both his hands on the head of the live goat, confess over it all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions, concerning all their sins, putting them on the head of the goat, and shall send it away into the wilderness by the hand of a suitable man. 22 The goat shall bear on itself all their iniquities to an uninhabited land; and he shall release the goat in the wilderness.

We believe that Jesus died for our sins on the cross and this scripture gives us a precident for it. 

I believe He fulfilled both goats that day.  He died on the cross and His shed blood sanctified us as the perfect sin offering. 

Charles Spurgeon said it quite well, " What learn we here as we see our blessed Lord led forth? Do we not perceive that truth which was set forth in shadow by the scapegoat? Did not the high-priest bring the scapegoat, and put both his hands upon its head, confessing the sins of the people, that thus those sins might be laid upon the goat, and cease from the people? Then the goat was led away by a fit man into the wilderness, and it carried away the sins of the people; so that, if they were sought for, they could not be found. Now we see Jesus brought before the priests and rulers, who pronounce Him guilty; God Himself imputes our sins to Him "the Lord hath laid on Him the iniquity of us all;" (Isaiah 53:6) "He was made sin for us;" and, as the substitute for our guilt, bearing our sin upon His shoulders, represented by the cross, we see the great Scapegoat led away by the appointed officers of justice."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home