Lessons Worth Re-Learning

This is my journey that the LORD Jesus Christ has taken me on in my life. So don't be surprised, this is a Christian site written by a Christian. Most of us have lived our Christian lives such that if we bloomed where we were planted, we'd be mushrooms in a cave! If you would like to subscribe to this blog, please send me an e-mail.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Farmington, New Mexico, United States

I am just like everyone else: I make it one day at a time with a little bit of humor. The Word of God is a fire in my heart that burns all the way down to my bones and I cannot hold it back. Jeremiah 20:9

Saturday, March 09, 2013

Enjoy the wonderful Psalms and receive the Blessings from God!


It occurred to me that when I read in Psalms, David is always saying things like: "For you are not a God who delights in wickedness; evil may not dwell with you. The boastful shall not stand before your eyes; you hate all evildoers. You destroy those who speak lies; the Lord abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man."
Psalm 5:4-6 (ESV)

I used to identify with the evil person, the sinner, and because of that I was not opening myself up to His blessings, His mercy, His grace, all the positive things He also would say in the scriptures. I felt I had fallen through the cracks because of my sins. I wasn't worthy to receive His forgiveness.

OMG!!! This is such a lie from hell!!! As soon as I realized that as soon as I had repented, God was faithful and just to forgive me my sins and washed me clean from all my filth.

I read those passages now and remember what it was like to be unforgiven, but can concentrate now on the blessings that God wants to bestow on me! satan is the one who wants to keep us in the dark and not receive forgiveness. He is the one who reminds us of our failures and then hands us the baseball bat so we can beat ourselves up!

I continually read the scriptures now and all the blessings jump out at me and when I read about the wicked and satan reminds me of my sins, I say out loud, "God has said that I have repented. God has said that He has forgiven me. God has said that He sees me as the righteousness of Christ. God has said to leave me!"

And for once in a very long time, I have peace!

English Standard Version (ESV)The Holy Bible, English Standard Version Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers

1 Comments:

Anonymous Steven R. said...

AMEN!!!

March 09, 2013 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home