Lessons Worth Re-Learning

This is my journey that the LORD Jesus Christ has taken me on in my life. So don't be surprised, this is a Christian site written by a Christian. Most of us have lived our Christian lives such that if we bloomed where we were planted, we'd be mushrooms in a cave! If you would like to subscribe to this blog, please send me an e-mail.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Farmington, New Mexico, United States

I am just like everyone else: I make it one day at a time with a little bit of humor. The Word of God is a fire in my heart that burns all the way down to my bones and I cannot hold it back. Jeremiah 20:9

Thursday, February 21, 2013

God said it, I believe it, and that settles it!


Isaiah 55:11 (ESV). "so shall My word be that goes out from My mouth; it shall not return to Me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it."
I had quit posting to my blog for over 2 years because I grew weary and stopped studying the Scriptures. I was still praying, but I was still in what I call that 'dying man mode'. The prayers were all about me, my problems, and "Just what ARE we supposed to do to solve these things? What do you want us to do, give us wisdom, LORD. This is such a mess, I just can't see my way."
I was bombarding heaven with these prayers. How could GOD say anything with me talking so much?
And of course satan was there reminding me of my failures and how much it was my fault and all the terrible outcomes that could occur. I did it and I will have to 'suffer the consequences of my sin' even if GOD does forgive me.
It wasn't until this last fall that I determined to read the English Standard Version of the Bible. I read 2 chapters a day because it's not to see how fast I can get through it but to read those 2 chapters and then contemplate what GOD may have to say to me. In other words, I shut up and started to listen. And then in January I started reading Charles Spurgeon's devotional, 'Morning and Evening'.
Lo and behold, GOD started talking again. I also receive a daily devotional from David Wilkerson Ministries by e-mail. Pastor David died in April of 2011 but his son, Gary, is doing a fine job of filling his shoes.
All 3 things were lining up in agreement. Then came that moment when my knees buckled. I read David Wilkerson's devotional "All that is earthly is being shaken" Psalm 124:2-8, "If it had not been the Lord who was on our side, when men rose up against us: then they had swallowed us up quick, when their wrath was kindled against us: then the waters had overwhelmed us, the stream had gone over our soul: then the proud waters had gone over our soul. Blessed be the Lord who hath not given us as a prey to their teeth. Our soul is escaped as a bird out of the snare of fowlers: the snare is broken, and we are escaped. Our help is in the name of the Lord, who made heaven and earth."
I am not the only one in trouble. I am not the only one facing financial problems. These are the end times and people everywhere are under attack. What a testimony to the unsaved when our GOD delivers us from all our troubles!
There is NOTHING we can do to solve our own problems, but GOD has said He would do it! "I will restore to you the years that the locust has eaten". Joel 2:25 from David Wilkerson's Jan. 3rd devotional.
Charles Spurgeon's message on Morning, January 24th, was on Psalm 91:3 "Surely He shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler." Then David Wilkerson's messages Jan. 23rd, 'Right on Time", and Jan. 29th, "Our Father's Provision". I was brought to my knees!
Everywhere I read in the Bible, GOD is highlighting scriptures. I am having an awful lot of hot flashes!
I have repented, GOD is in control now. He said He would take care of it. I am free!
Charles Spurgeon, Feb. 21st, Morning, "He Hath Said". No matter what our problem, GOD has a word (or more) for us in the Scriptures. Unless we are searching this reservoir of life, we may not find it. And GOD's Word is eternal. Just because He spoke that word in the past doesn't mean it's not for us. He spoke the earth into existence in the past but it still exists, right? "'He hath said' must be our DAILY answer to quench satan's attacks. 'He hath said' is the source of all wisdom, and the fountain of all comfort, let it dwell in you richly, as 'A well of water, springing up unto everlasting life.' So shall you grow healthy, strong, and happy in the divine life."
Again, "The Well of the Living GOD Who Sees Me"!


Psalm 56:3-4 (ESV)
When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.
In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid.

English Standard Version (ESV)The Holy Bible, English Standard Version Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your helpful blog. We lost Charley last July. I am in south Texas with our daughter, Carolyn. I have been just floating, praying, wishing, reading an interlinear Bible which covers KJ, NIV, EV, and the Message. I, too, was trying to regain control. Your quote from Charles Spurgeon helped me see that no matter what our problem, GOD has a word for us in the Scriptures. I have given up control and GOD is in control now. I don't know when I will get back home. Weather and Carolyn's work schedule intervene.
I want to stay in touch.
Love, Shirley

February 21, 2013 6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home