Lessons Worth Re-Learning

This is my journey that the LORD Jesus Christ has taken me on in my life. So don't be surprised, this is a Christian site written by a Christian. Most of us have lived our Christian lives such that if we bloomed where we were planted, we'd be mushrooms in a cave! If you would like to subscribe to this blog, please send me an e-mail.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Farmington, New Mexico, United States

I am just like everyone else: I make it one day at a time with a little bit of humor. The Word of God is a fire in my heart that burns all the way down to my bones and I cannot hold it back. Jeremiah 20:9

Monday, April 01, 2013

Clarification


In the message about homosexuality I mentioned keeping ourselves from associating with the ideals of other cultures and I don't think explained myself as well as I should have. Yes, the ideas and ideals from ancient cultures are still around. If satan doesn't put it into someone's head, some archaeologist will dig it up anyway.

We are to be careful what we see and hear because the idea can be damaging to our psyche, the way we think about ourselves, the way we think about GOD, and ultimately damage our relationship with our LORD.

And I cannot stress enough, my problem is with ideas, philosophy, peer pressure, etc. NOT WITH PEOPLE. Jesus was accused of being a publican and a sinner because He hung out with them. His answer is correct, "They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." Mark 2:17 (KJV)

One of the saddest things today is that Christian churches are the most segregated. You have white churches, black churches, Korean churches, Catholics, Baptists, Presbyterians. I have met people of every color, nationality, religion, and I am here to tell you, YOU ARE LOVED!

I had a Muslim man come up to me at one of the fairs we were doing several years ago and he was so frustrated. He was so put out, he had to vent to someone, GOD had him choose me. He said you (meaning 'You Christians) have churches on every corner and you all hate each other. And yet you profess to all believe the same thing! You shoot each other all week and go to church like nothing's wrong!"

You know what, he's absolutely correct. This is to our shame, and we give GOD a bad image.

What ever happened to, "By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." John 13:35 (ESV)

We all need to spend more time in prayer, more time hanging out with GOD, more time reducing the suffering of others and less time promoting our self interests that are causing division in this world.


Matthew 11:25-30 (ESV)
Come to Me, and I Will Give You Rest

25 At that time Jesus declared, "I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; 26 yes, Father, for such was your gracious will. 27 All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. 28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

English Standard Version (ESV)The Holy Bible, English Standard Version Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home