Lessons Worth Re-Learning

This is my journey that the LORD Jesus Christ has taken me on in my life. So don't be surprised, this is a Christian site written by a Christian. Most of us have lived our Christian lives such that if we bloomed where we were planted, we'd be mushrooms in a cave! If you would like to subscribe to this blog, please send me an e-mail.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Farmington, New Mexico, United States

I am just like everyone else: I make it one day at a time with a little bit of humor. The Word of God is a fire in my heart that burns all the way down to my bones and I cannot hold it back. Jeremiah 20:9

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The End-Times

Some friends and I were having a discussion the other day about all the things we hear and read about on the news: weather, wars, etc. And the discussion (without my help) turned to 'the mark' and other end-time prophesies. It seems everyone knows that these are the last days.

I get a newsletter from David Wilkerson every month that I think is the best for uplifting news and exhortation. He can take the worst of subjects and show you the Good News through Jesus Christ. I heartily recommend him. Get on his mailing list. He has also been talking about the last days and how our hearts and minds should be tuned into Jesus and His promises which are without fail and how the Holy Spirit can bring peace to your hearts in these troubled times.

I have been reminded of a vision I had some years ago that is just as fresh in my mind as the day I received it. That's the way the Lord works. He gives us the encouragement we need as we need it. He knows our needs better than we do!

In my vision, it is a time of war. I am in the midst of a great army and we are all armed to the hilt. It is dark, the horizon is glowing red. The air is thick and hot. We are all shouting, and chanting, and beating our spears on the ground and stamping our feet and creating a great noise. I cannot see the edge of the sea of humanity to the north or south or left, but to my right I can see the edge. I can see the land stretch out for miles in a slow, rolling hillside. And in the distance, I can see what looks like a black blanket covering the horizon and coming closer. It fills me with fear. I know it is the enemy coming closer.

And then I see the King! He is on a huge white horse which causes Him to be visible to the whole immense army. On His head is a huge crown that sparkles. Out of His eyes come lightning. At once, we all start singing praises to our King and throw down our weapons and armor which promptly disappear. I am so happy that I think I should burst! We praise and sing and worship! As I look to my right, the enemy that was just about upon us has dissolved into dust and ash and the wind has blown them away!

We must rest in our faith in Jesus! We must praise and worship Him at all times, especially when things are bad. Praise takes us into His presence. He is the only one who can meet our needs. He takes care of the things that are causing our situations. We don't pray about the symptoms, we trust Him to take care of the causes! He is the only answer. Smile at the enemy. It only heaps coal on his head.

Read Micah 7. It is a wonderful picture of the end time and God's provisions.

There was something scrawled in a wall at a German concentration camp: "I believe in the sun, even when it's not shining. I believe in love, even when I don't feel it. I believe in God, even when He is silent."

Remember, we are not destined for here, we are destined to be with the Lord. There is an eternal part to us. He does not want any of us to perish, but to be with Him. All it takes is asking Him into your hearts and lives.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome vision.

July 24, 2008 7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home