Lessons Worth Re-Learning

This is my journey that the LORD Jesus Christ has taken me on in my life. So don't be surprised, this is a Christian site written by a Christian. Most of us have lived our Christian lives such that if we bloomed where we were planted, we'd be mushrooms in a cave! If you would like to subscribe to this blog, please send me an e-mail.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Farmington, New Mexico, United States

I am just like everyone else: I make it one day at a time with a little bit of humor. The Word of God is a fire in my heart that burns all the way down to my bones and I cannot hold it back. Jeremiah 20:9

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Happy Sukkot!

Greetings in the name of our LORD Jesus Christ!

We are in the Jewish feast of Sukkot which is the last and most important feast in the Jewish calendar. We just finished with Yom Kippur, the Days of Awe and Repentance, when we reflect on our sins and repent of them. Sukkot is the Feast of Tabernacles and represents the time of restored fellowship with the LORD, when we rejoice in our LORD's relationship with us and His provision in our lives. It represents Him as He 'tabernacles' with us here on earth. In the Old Testament He tabernacled in the Temple of animal skins as a foreshadow of us living with Him in our hearts.

One thing they teach you in Christian schools is that when you pray, to start with praise, then supplication, and finish with praise. I have gotten in the habit of praying this way, "Oh Father, LORD God Almighty, Creator of the heavens and the earth, you are the King of kings and the LORD of lords and You are my GOD." Little did I know that the Jewish blessings start simularly; "Blessed art Thou, LORD our God, King of the universe, Creator of . . ." whatever you are using the blessing for.

So many people say, "I can't serve a god who is so egotistical that he requires constant adulation to feel good". What I say is that He knows who He is. It is WE who need to be reminded of just who and what the LORD is. When I praise the LORD I am reminded of all the blessings I have received from Him and how much He loves me. I feel something inside me just melt and a peace surrounds me and fills me and strengthens me in an inexplicable way. The Holy Spirit comes to me and meets my needs again. You CANNOT outgive God!

I have been studying at a website called "Hebrew 4 Christians" www.hebrew4christians.com
It has been a great source of information. I just wish I could remember things like I did when I was younger! The man who writes this site is John Parsons, an accomplished Hebrew language professor who does this with no financial support at this time. Visit http://www.hebrew4christians.com/About_HFC/Site_News/site_news.html to learn more about him and his ministry. I encourage you to study at his website and to find it in your hearts to support him with prayer and maybe some financial support.

I praise the LORD who reings in our hearts and in glory and who teaches us by His Most Holy Spirit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home