Lessons Worth Re-Learning

This is my journey that the LORD Jesus Christ has taken me on in my life. So don't be surprised, this is a Christian site written by a Christian. Most of us have lived our Christian lives such that if we bloomed where we were planted, we'd be mushrooms in a cave! If you would like to subscribe to this blog, please send me an e-mail.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Farmington, New Mexico, United States

I am just like everyone else: I make it one day at a time with a little bit of humor. The Word of God is a fire in my heart that burns all the way down to my bones and I cannot hold it back. Jeremiah 20:9

Saturday, February 16, 2019

The LORD Is Our Healer


Exodus 15:26  “If you diligently heed the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians.  For I am the LORD who heals you.”

The LORD healed me and protected me while I was still in the womb when the Enemy came to kill me.  I was born 2 1/2 weeks early with a compromised immune system.

Every time the doctors gave me a childhood vaccine I would come down with that disease.
Every time I almost died when the Enemy used that to try to kill me.
Every time the LORD healed me miraculously to the amazement of my mother and doctors.

To this day I have not had a polio vaccine because they stopped giving it.

My whole life doctors have diagnosed me with having various illnesses and the LORD healed me anyway.  The LORD healed me when I was sick and the doctor said it was “all in your head”.  Doctors have misdiagnosed me repeatedly through the years.  Sometimes with life threatening illnesses.  The LORD has healed me every time.

I was in a car accident that broke my leg.  My father was driving, Roger was in the front passenger seat, Paul was in the back driver seat, and I was in the back passenger seat where we got hit.  The reason we were visiting my dad is because he had been diagnosed with lung cancer and only had 6 months to live.  He was not a believer that Jesus could heal him.  We had already played several divine healing audio tapes in our bedroom and the walls were thin so I knew he heard them.  So as I waited on the gurney to be x-rayed I prayed a very simple prayer, “Lord, it sure would make a good testimony if you would heal my leg for my dad.”  Sure enough, the x-ray only showed an old break and I had never broken my leg!  And I walked out of the hospital!  From that day forth, my dad’s tumor started shrinking and was gone in 6 months.  He came to New Mexico to visit us and received the LORD Jesus as his savior at a bible study we attended!  Hallelujah!

My last physical showed I am in excellent health.  Even my moles, skin tags, and childhood scars are all gone.  The LORD is the God that heals us!  I still have a couple of minor issues.  “Why?” do you say.  Even Paul the apostle had an issue that wouldn’t go away.  The LORD allowed it so he would learn that he need not get a big head from too much pride.  The LORD allowed it so that Paul would learn to depend on the LORD’s all-sufficiency.

So, pardon me if I don’t sympathize with constant complaining, blaming the LORD (who loves us!) with all your problems, and reminding me (and Him) of the Israelites in the desert with their constant rebellion and complaining.  All that does is provoke the LORD to wrath.  I cannot stand there and agree with rebellion.

I can stand right there and testify that the LORD heals and the person will say, “ . . . but my doctor says . . .” and it is all I can do to keep from exploding!  The LORD said, “Your faith has made you well.”  Matthew 9:22 (there are more!)  He also said we don’t get answers because of our unbelief.  Matthew 17:20, Matthew 21:21  Well, doctors can’t cure a hangnail, so there you go!

I’ve talked to people who have had issues since birth and they say that they believe in Jesus, yet say, “But why hasn’t He healed me?”  “He’s just unloving and unconcerned.”  YOU SAID WHAT???  And you wonder why He hasn’t healed you when all you think He is just a magic wand.

I believe in the LORD, and praise His Holy Name because HE IS WHO HE SAYS HE IS.  He is the only One Living GOD.  He is Faithful and True.  He is the Creator of the whole universe.  His very Word created everything.  He created humanity with His very own hands when He formed Adam out of the mud.  He breathed the spirit into the first man.  He is our very breath!  He is the light by day and the light at night.  He is the Water of the Word.  He is the Bread.  He is the reason we are alive.  And if that’s not enough to Praise Him and Worship Him, you’re worshipping our Enemy who is a created angel that got a big head and was cast out of the heavenly places.

Your defense against all error of belief is the Word of GOD, the Bible.  You have to read it for yourself.  Let the LORD talk to you as you read.  Read it like it’s today’s newspaper.  Imagine in your mind the scenarios unfolding in the dialogue.  Every time you read it, it will speak to the need in your heart.  You know that hole that only the LORD can satisfy?  Well, if you don’t let Jesus fill it in, your Enemy will fill it with lies.  And what is in your heart comes out your mouth.

Think about it!

Linda Rosenbaugh © 2019

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home