Lessons Worth Re-Learning

This is my journey that the LORD Jesus Christ has taken me on in my life. So don't be surprised, this is a Christian site written by a Christian. Most of us have lived our Christian lives such that if we bloomed where we were planted, we'd be mushrooms in a cave! If you would like to subscribe to this blog, please send me an e-mail.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Farmington, New Mexico, United States

I am just like everyone else: I make it one day at a time with a little bit of humor. The Word of God is a fire in my heart that burns all the way down to my bones and I cannot hold it back. Jeremiah 20:9

Thursday, May 04, 2017

Do You Know Who Jesus Is?


     I had some people come by the simulator one time over in Columbia, Missouri.  They were obviously trying to talk to me about religion, however, I had that little twinge the Lord gives you when things just aren't what they seem.  After some time they kind of looked a little exasperated because I don't think I was giving them the answers they wanted for some reason.
     Then they asked me, "Do you know who Jesus is?"  That's when the Lord took over.
     I said, "Oh, yes, I do!  He's my constant companion.  He is the Great I AM!  He is the King of all kings and Lord of all lords.  He died on the cross just for me.  He has healed me numerous times and saved me from all evil.  He walks with me and guides my way.  He is my sun by day and my moon by night.  He gives me light and understanding 24 hours a day.  His Word is my bread and water.  He is my very breath.  He is my strong tower and refuge in trouble.  He is my salvation.  His presence is my constant goal.  He is my King, my Lord, and my friend.  Do you know Him, too?"
     At this point they had stepped back a little and dropped their teeth on the floor.  And just left.  I never saw them again.
     You see, not everyone who say they know Jesus are talking about the true Jesus.  We have met so many people from so many different churches and denominations that are in such error and change Jesus to match their theology.  And they are blinded to the truth because of that reason.
     Some actually hate Jews and Israel.  Can you believe that?  GOD never changes.  His covenants are eternal.  The Hebrews are His chosen children forever.  If GOD can cancel His relationship with His own children, where does that leave you?  On very shakey ground.  It casts doubt on any of His promises.  He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.  His Word will never change or return void.  You have that solid assurance.  We were grafted into the family of GOD, we did NOT replace them.
     They hate Jews because they killed Jesus.  Wait a minute.  The people who actually did the 'killing' were Romans acting through the authority from the Jews.  Who's religious ideology blinded them.  And they all died 2,000 years ago.  There is no one left to hate.  Also, no one 'killed' Jesus.  Jesus laid down His own life willingly to die for us and for the glory of heaven.  From the cross Jesus said, "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."  (Luke 23:34)  Are you better than GOD to not forgive?  If GOD has forgiven them who gives you the right to hold a grudge?  The only entity that would benefit from such hate is satan.  Do you serve satan or Jesus?  Forgive and repent and follow in Jesus' footsteps.
     Some churches think only people of their church or denomination or theology are going to heaven or are pleasing to GOD.  Jesus died on the cross for all people.  He is the Savior of the whole human race for all time.  We receive this gift through faith.  Faith comes by hearing the truth from the Word of GOD.  Not some person's interpretation of that Word.  You are not saved by someone's watered-down version of what they think GOD is trying to say, GOD speaks for Himself in the Bible.  You are saved when the Word, Jesus Himself, comes into your innermost being with the truth.  It is a personal relationship with a Living Saviour.
     "The Word is living and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."  (Hebrews 4:12)
     Be careful how you or anyone interprets that Word.  Because the Word was spoken by the same GOD who created the heavens and the earth.  This is what GOD had to say about His relationship to His people:  "Take heed to yourself, lest you make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land where you are going, lest it be a snare in your midst.  But you shall destroy their altars, break their sacred pillars, and cut down their wooden images (for you shall worship no other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous GOD), lest you make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, and they play the harlot with their gods and make sacrifice to their gods, and one of them invites you and you eat of his sacrifice, and you take of his daughters for your sons, and his daughters play the harlot with their gods and make your sons to play the harlot their gods.  You shall make no molded gods for yourselves."  (Exodus 34:12-17)
     Does this sound harsh?  How many of you have lost sons or daughters to Islam or Buddhism or cults or satanism?  How many of you have lost your children to the liberal agenda by sending them to college and peer pressure made them compromise?
     GOD was trying to impress on us just how strong the influence of other philosophies and ideologies can be and warn us of the consequences.  Christianity itself has become so watered down it is becoming apostate.  And the liberal (compromised) world wants to make you feel really, really bad for sticking to your principles by standing true to the Word!  It's happening right before our eyes in our own lives!  How are you going to stand up to the deception of the antichrist?
     Some religious theologies believe that all religions lead to heaven, you don't need Jesus.  No, they will lead you to any number of false gods and demigods and satan himself, but only one way leads to GOD and eternal life.  Jesus, the Messiah, the Saviour of your soul is the Way, the Truth, and the Life!  (John 14:6)
     Jesus doesn't wait in line for any reason.  He stands out and above all things!  There is only one true GOD and one Messiah, Jesus.  Jesus said, "Hear O Israel: The LORD is GOD, the LORD is one."  (Mark 12:29)
     Again, liberality, diversity, compromise, all sound good until you realize that each one of those things chip away at what you believe.  It was satan who asked the question, "Did GOD really say . . .?"  That has been the downfall of the human race ever since.  You have to have the conviction and the fortitude to say, "Yes!  He DID say!"
     Conclusion:
     Watch what you expose yourself to.  You absorb more than what you think.  Read the Bible.  GOD will teach you as you go by His Holy Spirit.  Let Him interpret His own Word for you.  Don't confuse money or possessions or fame or anything for GOD's blessings.  A quiet and humble heart and compassionate, peaceful personality are GOD's greatest gifts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home