Lessons Worth Re-Learning

This is my journey that the LORD Jesus Christ has taken me on in my life. So don't be surprised, this is a Christian site written by a Christian. Most of us have lived our Christian lives such that if we bloomed where we were planted, we'd be mushrooms in a cave! If you would like to subscribe to this blog, please send me an e-mail.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Farmington, New Mexico, United States

I am just like everyone else: I make it one day at a time with a little bit of humor. The Word of God is a fire in my heart that burns all the way down to my bones and I cannot hold it back. Jeremiah 20:9

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Word is Soooo Important


You have heard me talk before about my Scripture Snacks in one of my posts.   For those of you that don't know what I am talking about, they are spiral bound 3" x 5" index cards.  Everytime I read a scripture verse that really speaks to me and I feel like I would like quick access to, I write it on one of those index cards.   It's small enough to pop into my purse and dig out to thumb through when I want some devotional time no matter where I am.   The problem became just which one to carry, actually taking the time to dig it out and reading some.  Silly problems, right?   My purse was getting heavy again (what woman doesn't keep throwing things in there because "I might need this!" ?) and I just looked at all those things.  That's usually a sign that GOD is starting to say something.

Well, I have discovered another use for them that was maybe more practical in today's techno life.   I was finding out that over the years I had filled up several (5!) pads of scripture snacks.   So I started using the Notes app on my phone to write them down in folders.   However that had also become quite large. Hmmm . . .

I can't start my day without going to my Bible Verse app and reading random verses from the Bible that the app picks out.   Some are really touching and I can sense GOD's hand in picking them out.  I usually make notes of them.  I continue my Bible reading (I got stuck on Psalms 119 for awhile).   I try to read 2 chapters a day unless they are pretty large.  Sometimes I spend a day or two on the same one depending on what the Lord is speaking to me about.   Needless to say, GOD's word is very important to me.   I don't try to memorize Scriptures anymore (I have CRS and it frustrates me!).

Then I was looking at the wallpaper on my phone because I have a picture of our sugar gliders, Kandi and Tribble on there.   And it dawned on me that I can take a screenshot of my note for the day, and set it as my wallpaper on my home page really easy!  Now I can get a hug from GOD everytime I turn on my phone!

The Word of GOD, the Bible, is SOOOO important.   I really encourage you to read some of it everyday.  Psalms are very encouraging and so is John's gospel.  Those are good jumping off points. Read slowly.   This isn't time to flood yourself, you'll drown!  We all need a good, slow, thorough soak.   It sinks in and not so much rolls off.

In case you haven't been paying attention to world situations, Jesus is coming soon and there will come times of persecution.  We need to write His words on our hearts to carry us through and give us peace when our time is done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home